I guess I never expected to be nominated for any award, because I think of myself as kind of plain and ordinary. I’m your typical teen girl with small friend problems, loads of science homework, and someone who holes up in her room to write.
But as I have been nominated for the Liebster Award, I guess I’m allowed to dream and pretend that in ten years, I’ll be a world-famous author with lots of best-selling books… just kidding. But seriously:
A HUGE thank you to madmombetty and her blog, Pocketful of Joy, who nominated me for this award. Be sure to check out her blog! 🙂
(And sorry, I couldn’t upload the Liebster badge picture.)
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I don’t have a favorite color. It used to be gold and then pink (when I was like 5) and then yellow, until I decided that I didn’t need to have a favorite color to be happy. 🙂
2. I’ve gone cliff-jumping! I went camping with my youth group and some of us jumped off a cliff into the water. It was epic.
3. I collect thimbles! Right now I have 30 of them.
4. I had a cat since I was a baby, and it died last week. 😦
5. I can do this really weird thing with my nose. I can’t describe it. One of my friends calls them whiskers.
6. In grade 8, I was writing a math quiz and I didn’t know any of the answers, so I started crying. Seriously. And it’s not like this was 30 years ago; it was two.
7. My nightmare: Big hands. Yes, I know that sounds strange. But there’s no other way of describing it; I have really big hands and there’s these voices (shudder). I would wake up and for a few minutes, I’d still be in my dream so I’d be really out of it and unable to sit still, and when I finally completely woke up I would wonder why I was so freaked out.
8. I wish I liked running, tea, and waking up early. Combine all three and you have a wonderful start to your day. Sadly, I don’t. I’m trying to train myself to drink tea, but so far tea is meh.
9. I have never left North America, and to be honest, travelling is not something I am in love with.
10. I have a stuffed pig named Pink Baby. Don’t ask me why I named him that; I was like 3.
11. My life plan is to marry a rich guy (preferably a millionaire), own a café/bookstore/tiny hotel with my sister, and write books in my spare time. Yes, it’s a pretty daring plan, and yes, I know that it’s probably not going to happen. But dreams are dreams for a reason, right?
Here are the 11 questions that madmombetty gave me:
1. Who is your favorite cartoon character? I didn’t watch a lot of cartoons, so I don’t really have a favorite. But if we’re talking Disney, I have so many favorites: Aladdin, Belle, Tarzan, Mulan, Simba… I might as well list all of them!
2.If you could pick one literary figure to spend an hour with, who would it be? That’s hard. Maybe Lois Lowry, because The Giver is such a captivating book and the ideas are fabulous.
3. If you could go back in time 50, 150, of 1500 years which would you choose and why? Probably 50 years ago, because I don’t know enough about the other time periods. Also, my grandparents got married 50 years ago, so it would be cool to see them as young adults.
4. Did you ever have an imaginary friend? No; I talk to myself instead. 🙂
5. What was the title of the last book you read? Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I just started reading Allegiant.
6. Did you like it? Why or why not? Yeah, it was good. Not the best book I’ve read, but I enjoyed it.
7. Did you play sports in high school or were you in the band (or something else)? Sports. In middle school and elementary school I played every sport. I’ve only just started high school, but I plan to join volleyball and soccer in school. I never played in a school band.
8. What is your favorite color? As I mentioned above, I don’t have a favorite color. But blue and green are nice.
9. Dog or cat? Cat. If I had a dog I would probably love it, but as I’ve only had a cat, that’s all I know.
10. Walk or run? It really depends. If you’re playing sports and running involves quick sprints, I’d say run. Going for a run now and again isn’t bad, but walking is nice too.
11. Sing or speak? Sing in the shower (or when no one’s around) and speak everywhere else. I don’t talk much unless I get going on a subject I’m really passionate for.
11 Questions for Nominees:
1. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
2. Do you talk to yourself? Or interview yourself? (I do)
3. What is your favorite memory?
4. When you were younger (or now), what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. Do you write novels or stories? If so, what are you writing right now?
6. What are you passionate about?
7. If you have siblings, do you have a good relationship with them? If you don’t have siblings, do you wish you did?
8. What was your last dream about?
9. Smarties or M&M’s?
10. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
11. If you had 5 hours to live, what would you do?
List of Nominees (in no particular order):