Doubt is something that everyone struggles with. Some of my doubts have to do with God, and writing. But do you know what gets rid of doubt? Belief!
Yeah, I know that sounds obvious. But I’m not talking about MY belief; I mean other people’s belief. When I’m struggling with believing God, I take a look at the thousands of people who have been transformed by God and it renews my faith. When I write something bad and I start to believe that publishing a book is impossible, I read some comments that people have written about my blog and I am encouraged. All it takes is a little encouragement and I am back on track. Some people understand the need for encouragement, including C.E. Robinson. A while ago I received a comment from her, and she said she had nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! If that doesn’t encourage me, I don’t know what will. 🙂
So thank you, C.E. Robinson, and her blog, Before Sundown, for nominating me for this award! Go check out her awesome blog. 🙂
The rules are this:
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the reward logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via comments.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
Okay, first up…the questions:
- Who are you? Where do you live? I’m a 15 year old girl in high school (wow…that seems old!) with a need for God, writing, and deep conversations. I live in Canada, although it doesn’t snow much and I don’t really like maple syrup.
- Do you live in the same country you were born in? Yep. I’ve never moved.
- What is the story behind your blog name? Before I even considered making a blog and I hardly knew what I blog was, I thought Christian and Creative was a cool name. I had no idea where I’d use it, but I thought it described me.
- If you could live in any time period, what would it be? Often history bores me, and to be honest history is actually pretty deadly. I would say the future, but I may have read too many futuristic dystopian books. An interesting time would be when Jesus was on earth. The only problem with that is that I’d probably get killed for my faith.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be? There’s two powers I can’t decide between: Teleportation and the ability to speak every language. Teleportation would be awesome because I don’t really like travelling because of car trips and endless walking around, and the ability to teleport would be so convenient. Imagine: You could visit every country in the world in a week. But speaking every language would also be cool: I want to speak languages, but I don’t want to learn them. If you combined teleportation and speaking languages, it would be perfect!
- What is your passion? I love this question. I am passionate about God, writing, deep conversations, and family, among other things. You could say I’m passionate about passion.
- Name one positive thing that you do to “lift your spirits.” Going outside. Or writing. Or combining both. 🙂 God’s creation is awesome.
- What is the biggest challenge you have overcome this past year? Writing! It wasn’t so much of a challenge as a commitment. Before, I barely wrote and I didn’t have a blog to write to all the time. Now I have to stay on track and write for my blog, and I participated in NaNoWriMo and am almost done my novel.
- If you could write your own life story, what would the title be? Interesting question. For me, titles are either one of the first things or one of the last things I think about when I write a story. This would probably be easier to answer if I was really old. But I haven’t lived very long, and I honestly don’t know.
- If someone were to make a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you? Hmm, another hard question. I don’t really know a lot of actresses. If I were a guy, I’d probably choose Kirk Cameron because he is committed to God and plays in some inspiring movies. Bailee Madison is probably who I’d go with, because she’s my age and loves God too.
10 Questions for the Nominees:
1. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
2. Do you talk to yourself? Or interview yourself? (I do)
3. What is your favorite memory?
4. When you were younger (or now), what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. Do you write novels or stories? If so, what are you writing right now?
6. What are you passionate about?
7. If you have siblings, do you have a good relationship with them? If you don’t have siblings, do you wish you did?
8. What was your last dream about?
9. Smarties or M&M’s?
10. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
7 Nominees (in no particular order):
I would also love to thank Christine.B.Ross for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and findingfabyoulous for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I would love to accept these awards but frankly I don’t have enough bloggers to nominate and enough interesting things in my life to write about. Thank you, though!